Chocolate Chip Cookies 3 Ways
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? Hot out of the oven with a glass of cold milk and it’s simply perfection! This classic cookie certainly doesn’t need any help to appeal to our sweet tooth but for those more adventurous types here are three chocolate chip cookie ideas that might catch your eye and your taste budsJ
Before we talk about the ideas, it helps to start with a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here’s mine:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup of brown sugar (packed well)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 bags of chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate chips but you can use semi sweet as well)
Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the mixture to the wet ingredients slowly. When thoroughly mixed together add your desired amount of chocolate chips. I use 2 full bags for extra chocolaty yumminess but you certainly can use less if that’s too much for you.
Using a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop, make ball shaped pieces of dough. Bake for 7-9 minutes, dependent upon your oven and elevation. Keep in mind that the cookies will continue to cook while still on the cookie sheet, so if they look a little undercooked when you take them out, it’s ok.
Now for Chocolate Chip Cookies 3 Ways!
- Chocolate Dipped Cookies: Dip the chocolate chip cookies into melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes while the chocolate sets. If you want to get really fancy, you can sprinkle colored sugar or sprinkles on the cookies before you refrigerate them.
- Chocolate Whip Chips: Take 2 chocolate chip cookies and fill with Cool Whip or whipped cream (whichever you prefer). Take the cookie sandwich and roll it in a bowl of chocolate sprinkles. For a variation, you can fill the cookies with ice cream then dip the cookies in Magic Shell.
- S’mores Cookies: Before you bake the chocolate chip cookies; take the scoops of cookie dough you made and using wax paper and a spatula, smash down the balls till they’re about ½” thick. On one of the smashed down dough balls place a small piece of graham cracker, piece of Hershey’s chocolate and a mini marshmallow. Then on top of all that place another smashed cookie dough ball. Pinch the sides of dough together until the s’more filling is entirely hidden. Bake for about 9-11 minutes, dependent upon your elevation.
No doubt one of these 3 ways to make chocolate chip cookies will be a winner with your friends and family;)
Back to Articles